Chemotherapy Unit (Oncology)
- Specialty: Oncology (Cancer) and Blood
- Number of beds: 10
- Number of patient rooms:
Includes 6 rooms (one 4-bed room, one 2-bed room and four single-bed room)
- Other important rooms and areas:
Exhaust Hood room and BM - Doctor's room - Warehouse equipment - WC and bathroom in each room - Library - Examination room and nursing station
- Common diseases admitted to the unit:
Leukemia (Blood Cancer) - Breast Cancer - Colon Cancer - Hodgkin and Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (HLD & NHLD)
- Name and technical expertise of the person in charge of the unit:
Dr. Farahnaz Ghahremanfard (Hematology and Oncology Specialist)
- Name and specialty of head nurse section: Ms. Leila Ranjbaran (nursing expert)
Dr. Farahnaz Ghahramanfard (Hematology and Oncology Specialist)
- The percentage of bed occupancy last year: 60%
- Location in the hospital: Second Floor (South Side of the premises)
- Major equipment:
Hood - Emergency Trolley - Electroshock- Electrocardiogram - Oximetry pulse - Oxygen and central suction - Portable suction - Glucometer - Refrigerator and TV in each room - Compact disc player (DVD player) - Digital scales - Ophthalmoscopes - Otoscopes - Nurse Call System for each bed - Serum Droplet Set
Referring of the patient or his/her companion to the hospital reception unit the hospitalization order from a physician;
-entering the patient's profile; and information required in the admission portal;
-obtaining the consent from the patient or his / her companion;
-issuing of companion card, if desired, and filing a case
- Going to cash for in part payment
- Going to the department with the patient records
- Identification of the room and bed of the patient in the hospital
- Delivery of the bag of clothes and personal belongings
- Control of the primary vital signs
- complete the biography by Interns and Medical Assistant on call
- Execution of the physician's orders
- Receiving Complete Clinical Care
- The process of admission and treatment of patients in the chemotherapy unit:
Getting session appointment for chemotherapy with a CBC blood test is done every morning between 7:30 am and 02:00 pm. After getting appointment, the patient should be referred to the hospital the previous night and the patient will be hospitalized. The chemotherapy of these patients begins the next morning.
Also, for patients requiring limited chemotherapy (Target Therapy), they get the appointment from the day before through telephone, and they refer the following morning for Target Therapy and discharged before 02:00 pm.
The admission and hospitalization process for patients who refer for bone marrow biopsy (BM), such as chemotherapy patients, are referred to and admitted the night before.
Other information needed for patients admitted in the unit:
- Visiting doctor: Every day from 08:00 am to 12:00 am
- Meeting hour: Every day from 02:30 pm - 04:00 pm
- Unit’s extension Number: 2318 -2309
- Food Serving: Breakfast every day 07:30 am - lunch time: 12:30 - Dinner time: 07:00 pm
- Insurance and Social assistance affairs: These affairs are taken care of by the staff from insurance company and social assistance in the ground floor
- The secretary of the unit answers your calls regarding your queries from 7:30 am to 02:00 pm every day.
- Educational pamphlets:
Different types of educational pamphlets required in this unit are provided to the patients related to chemotherapy, nutrition in chemotherapy and side effects of medications.
To download the Nutrition Booklet in chemotherapy and see other special educational pamphlets for patients please click here.