General Introduction of the unit:
- Section name: Hemodialysis
- Section Specialty: Hemodialysis
- Number of beds: 16 beds for normal case patients, one bed for patients infected with hepatitis B virus, an emergency dialysis bed: 18 beds in total.
- Number of Patient Rooms: In addition to the two main hallrooms of the unit, a room is appropriated to emergency dialysis.
- Other important rooms and spaces:
* An isolation room for patients infected with hepatitis B virus
* Two sanitary units for patients and accompaniment
- Common illnesses admitted to the unit last year (common causes of renal failure) include:
* High blood pressure
* Polycystic kidney disease (PKD)
* Urological problems
* Congenital kidney disease
- Name and technical expertise of the unit:
Dr. Mohammad Reza Tamaddn (Nephrologist)
- Name and specialty of the head nurse section:
Mr. Reza Riazi Bidokhti (Nursing expert)
- Name and specialty of physician:
Dr. Mohammad Reza Tamaddon (Nephrologist)
- Dr. Maliheh Yarmohammadi (Nephrologist)
- Bed Percentage occupancy last year:
Total dialysis sessions conducted in 1393: 13393 sessions
- Unit location in the hospital: ground floor (east side) adjacent to the eye internal clinic.
- Major equipment of dialysis unit:
* Eighteen hemodialysis machines
* Central oxygen for all beds
* Two Portable Oxygen Capsules
* Two Oxygen Capsules Installed on Emergency trolley
* Two portable suctions
* Central suction for all beds
* An electrocardiogram
* A Cardiac monitoring, capable of measuring blood pressure and oximeter pulses* two ECT Machines
* Two Emergency Trolley
* Four TVs for patients and their accompaniment
* A refrigerator for keeping patients' medication
* Water cooler and boiling water for patient use
- The usual process of admission and treatment of patients in the unit:
Referral of the patient or his accompaniment to the unit for admission to the dialysis unit to form a hospital record with a weekly dialysis order from a physician
- Recording the patient's profile and information required in the schedule of admission and patients
- obtaining consent from the patient or his accompaniment
- Referral of the patient to the department at the scheduled time for dialysis
- determining the bed for the patient on the day of dialysis
- performing standard dialysis by completing the relevant forms
- Delivery of patient's and accompaniment's handbook on the condition of dialysis and relevant issues and regulations of the dialysis unit
Dialysis unit services include:
- Performing standard hemodialysis for four hours per each dialysis session
- Carrying out standard nursing care during dialysis sessions to improve the physical and mental health of dialysis patients.
- Medication therapy according to physician's instructions during hemodialysis treatment
- Blood transfusion and blood products as prescribed by the doctor during hemodialysis
- Patients' laboratory factors are evaluated periodically on monthly, three-month and six-month intervals.
- Review of the result of the tests and patients visits at the time required by the nephrologist and provision of the necessary treatment.
- Visiting patients monthly by nephrologist and prescribing the necessary medications
- Visiting sick patients during dialysis by specialist or internal assistants in the dialysis unit.
- Emergency dialysis for patients admitted to all treatment centers in Semnan and Sorkheh.
- Provision of emergency services to patients who are ill during dialysis.
- Training patients upon the entrance and during hemodialysis treatment and also referrals to hemodialysis unit directly (face to face) and indirectly (application of relevant educational materials and pamphlets)
- Planning to do dialysis regularly and within the appropriate time intervals according to prescribing physician
- Contact the Association for the Support of patients with kidney failure to coordinate possible services to dialysis patients and to connect with people and centers outside the system of treatment.
- Changing new patients’ treatment and health insurance cards: Special diseases introduced to the Association for the Protection of Kidney Patients and Insurance Organizations.
- Formation of group meetings to enhance the patients' and their families' self-care knowledge in the dialysis unit.
- Assessing the quality and adequacy of patients dialysis on a monthly basis and planning to improve it.
- Performing flu vaccination during cold seasons with the help of Semnan Health Center
- Maintenance of dialysis machines and other medical equipment with the help of technical experts of each device and expert of medical equipment of the hospital
- Carrying out periodic tests to check the health of the water used in dialysis machines in collaboration with the health expert of the hospital and health center.
- Studying the status of patients in terms of their need for work-related services by filing a case and possible interventions.
- Evaluating the nutritional status of the patients and the necessary training by the nutritionist of the hospital and the nursing experts of the dialysis department, directly (face to face) and indirectly (using relevant educational materials and pamphlets).
- Collaboration in teaching medical and nursing students and medical assistants of the medical and Azad universities of Semnan.
- Collaboration and participation in the implementation of research projects related to hemodialysis.
- Prediction and purchase of consumables (dialysis fluid, bicarbonate powder, needles, etc.) in each hemodialysis session and other necessary equipment in collaboration with the hospital procurement unit.
- Planning for the maintenance and periodical services of dialysis machines and other medical equipment.
- Providing requested statistics about patient and monthly tests and equipment and personnel of the dialysis unit to the Ministry of Health by registering on the Diseases site of the Deputy for Treatment of the Ministry
- Disinfection of devices and other devices related to the patient with standard solutions and methods and microbial studies on the adequacy of these methods.
- Developing policies to promote the dialysis services.
- Retraining nurses working in the unit by holding classes and training courses related to the provision of services.