- Department Name: Neurology
- Specialty: Psychiatry
- Number of beds: 17
- Number of patient rooms (7 rooms: Room #1: 4 beds, Room #2: 2 beds, Room #3: 2 beds, Room #4, 1 bed, rooms: room #5: 2 beds, Room #6: 2 beds, and Room #7: 4 beds)
Beds in the department are used in separate parts of men and women for admission of psychiatric patients.
- Other rooms and important areas (ECT therapy room - psychiatrist's room - psychologist room - occupational therapy room)
ECT services are provided in a separate room equipped with an anesthetic monitoring and anesthetic machine.
- Common diseases in the department last year:
- Depression – schizophrenia - bipolar disorder - anxiety disorders - addiction-personality disorders
- Name and technical expertise of the department: Dr. Behnam (Neurologist)
- Name and specialty of the head nurse section: Tahereh Abdollahi (Nursing expert)
- Name and specialty of physicians: Dr. Safaee (psychiatrist) and Dr. Heidari (psychiatrist)
- Percentage of bed occupancy last year: 100%
- Location in the hospital: underground floor
- Major equipment:
Facilities in the department include oxygen and central suction - Nurse Call System for each bed, electroshock - ECG, refrigerator and television in each corridor. Facilities in the psychology unit include a variety of diagnostic tests for clinical evaluation such as intelligence, character, memory and ... tests as well as educational books and pamphlets of psychology. Facilities of occupational therapy unit include treadmill - fixed bicycle - ping pong table - pottery grinder - mosaic equipment and a variety of equipment for artistic and sporting activities and projection)
The usual process of admission and treatment of patients in the department:
Referral of the patient or his or her accompaniment to the hospital admission unit for the purpose of establishing a hospital admission by holding an order from a physician;
- entering the patient's profile; and information required in the admission portal;
- obtaining the consent from the patient or his / her accompaniment;
-issuance of an accompaniment card, if desired, and filing a case
- Referral to the fund unit for payment of the amount of admission fee
- Referral of the patient to the department with the file
- Identification of the room and bed of the patient in the hospital
- Delivery of the bag of clothes and personal belongings
- Control of the primary vital signs
- complete the biography by Interns and Medical Assistant on call
- Execution of the physician's orders
- Receiving Complete Clinical Care
- Interview and psychological assessment
- Counseling and psychotherapy
- Group therapy
- Family therapy by clinical psychologist,
- Performing practical or interactive psychotherapy,
- Training and targeted educational activities to improve everyday activities.
Guide for Patients and their Accompaniment admitted in the department:
- Visiting doctor: Every day from 8 am to 11 pm
- Meeting hour: Every day from 03:00 pm-04:00 pm
- Internal Ward extension Number: Unit of Psychiatry 2202 - Unit of Psychology 2204 - Occupational Therapy Unit 2254
- Food Serving: Breakfast every day 7.30 am - lunch time: 12:30 pm - Dinner time: 07:00 pm
- Insurance and Social assistance affairs: These affairs are taken care of by the staff from insurance company and social assistance in the ground floor
- Tracking and Response System after Discharge and phone: The secretary of the department answers calls from callers and visitors from 02:00 pm to 07:30 pm.
- Medical, psychological, and nursing counseling: Every day from 7.30 am to 02.00 pm in the morning shift. There is also a daily psychological counseling shift from 01:00 pm to 08:00 pm.
- Educational pamphlets: Provision of a variety of educational pamphlets on the effects and side effects of medications and on the types of psychiatric disorders by the clinical psychologist.
Mental Health Messages for the Mental Health Week
24th to 30th of October
1. One of the most important principles of mental health is spirituality and communication with God.
2. Relation to God in the hardships, problems, and crises of life gives peace to man.
3. Self-confidence and hope are the three keys to treating physical and mental illness.
4. Most mental disorders are caused by chemical changes in the brain and can be cured.
5. By supporting and caring for chronic patients, we will help them to adapt to their conditions.
6. Mental health means that one can establish positive relationships with others.
7. Increasing the quality of life involves improving the health of the body and the body.
8. Respect people with psychiatric disorders and respect their human rights.
9. Let's try to eliminate the mental illness of the community.
10. A mental patient before a patient is a human being and has human rights.
11. The feeling of occupational safety prevents the occurrence of mental illness.
12. By improving the principles of mental health, we will increase the efficiency of the workforce.